The association provides advocacy, professional development and services for the Hungarian PR industry. Founded in 1990, HuPRA is the strongest professional body in the Public Relations scene in Hungary. We offer 4 types of memberships:
- Individuals, freelancer professionals, academics
- Corporate communications teams
HuPRA provides advocacy and promotes the esteem of the PR-profession on an international level as well. Its members and Board stand up for the importance of sustainable development, professional ethics and social responsibility, and strive for the establishment of transparent, co-operative communication in the practice of the competitive markets as well. HuPRA takes a decisive stand against any measures restricting these principles, and also helps the professional development of those interested in Public Relations with professional events, statements, trainings and publications.
Our aim is to serve as an innovative yet supportive professionals body embedded into the Central Eastern European, the broader European and Global PR scene. Our strategy lies on 3 pillars:
- Improve the recognition of PR as a profession with other partner communities and corporate decision-makers, for which it is essential to enhance professional quality and define ethical standards first
- Provide corporate, agency and individual members with services responding to market needs including training courses, professional materials and horizontal collaboration opportunities
- Renew the organization in order to give PR professionals more opportunities to get involved in the association’s activities
The work of the association is supported by its chapters (Employer Branding, Crisis Communications and Digital Comms), and an Ethics Committee. The association awards the recognized professional prizes PR Excellence Hungary and Employer Branding Award.
HuPRA is a member of International Communication Consultancy Organisation (ICCO) and strategic partner of Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR) and International PR Association (IPRA).